Water Rescue Technician (One) - Defra Module 3
Enabling individuals to safely use water rescue equipment, whilst operating near,
on, or in inland water and to be able to carry-out water and Flood rescues
safely, providing the underpinning skills and knowledge to undertake an effective
dynamic risk assessment.
Defra Level :
Module 3 - Specialist rescue operation
Pre Requisits :
Minimum 18 Years
Certificate valid for :
Course Dates and Costs :
|Length||Start Date||Finish Date||Cost|
|5 Day||on request||on request||£925|
Course Information :
This Module is aimed at selected operational personnel who respond to water
incidents and have available to them the correct PPE.
The Module introduces water rescue equipment including its safe and effective
use and progressively develops the student to be confident in and around water. As
well as learning how to read the water, the student will practice wading rescues and
self-rescue techniques appropriate to the risk, bank based rescues and shallow
water crossings, and unstable surface hazards such as mud and ice.
Course Content includes :
- Scene management and dynamic assessment of risk.
- Rescue Team Organisation
- Team health, safety and welfare
- Role of the rescue technician within the Incident Management
- Hydrology and associated hazards.
- Use of appropriate PPE and Maintenance
- Search techniques
- Self rescue from water.
- Active swimming in Moving Water
- Rescue Formula
- Paddle Boat Rescues
- Tether Rescue
- Unstable ground equipment
- Rope Systems
- Wading Techniques
- Flooding and associated hazards
- Mud and Ice
- Animals, Hazards and safety protocols,
- Night Operations
- Objects/ vehicles in water considerations
- Causality Management